What do I Mean?
I call this category non-religious religion. What exactly is that?
The dictionary defines religion as a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe. Of course, it goes on to add some qualifiers as here:
- a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
- a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sect
- the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices
- the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.
- the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
- something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience
What I mean is, let’s look at the first definition and forget about rituals. I am sharing with you a set of beliefs that you are free to accept or reject. Of course, I believe they are correct, and based on my beliefs, you are already free. Nothing is separating you from God, or the Master Architect of the Universe. You are already in union with the Almighty and it is my sincere desire for you to recognize that.