2019 MKE – Week 14
It seems to be a good thing to begin the study of any topic with what the dictionary has to say.
noun , plural har·mo·nies.
- agreement; accord; harmonious relations.
- a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts; congruity.
- any simultaneous combination of tones.
- the simultaneous combination of tones, especially when blended into chords pleasing to the ear; chordal structure, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
- the science of the structure, relations, and practical combination of chords.
- an arrangement of the contents of the Gospels, either of all four or of the first three, designed to show their parallelism, mutual relations, and differences.
Mr. Haanel instructs us to concentrate on harmony. He probably did not mean as referenced in music or as a Bible study. that leaves us with the first two meanings.
We learned that the universe is constantly in motion, or vibrating. The cells of our bodies also vibrate. If our vibrations are in tune (so to speak) with the Universe, we may be said to be in harmony. Here is an astounding truth: All thought is creative. By our thoughts we are creating circumstances all the time. Not just when we are "thinking positive" or trying to have "good vibrations". As Mr Haanel puts it:
26. But the thought must be clear cut, steady, fixed, definite, unchangeable; you cannot take one step forward and two steps backward, neither can you spend twenty or thirty years of your life building up negative conditions as the result of negative thoughts, and then expect to see them all melt away as the result of fifteen or twenty minutes of right thinking. 27. If you enter into the discipline necessary to bring about a radical change in your life, you must do so deliberately, after giving the matter careful thought and full consideration, and then you must allow nothing to interfere with your decision. 28. This discipline, this change of thought, this mental attitude will not only bring you the material things which are necessary for your highest and best welfare, but will bring health and harmonious conditions generally. 29. If you wish harmonious conditions in your life, you must develop an harmonious mental attitude.
We are asked to concentrate, that is "to bring all efforts, faculties, activities, etc., to bear on one thing or activity (often followed by on or upon):", on harmony until we are conscious only of being in harmony with the Universe and others.
30. Your world without will be a reflection of your world within. 31. For your exercise this week, concentrate on Harmony, and when I say concentrate, I mean all that the word implies; concentrate so deeply, so earnestly, that you will be conscious of nothing but harmony. Remember, we learn by doing. Reading these lessons will get you nowhere. It is in the practical application that the value consists.
Remember to Like, Subscribe, and Share.